I heat to a boil 1.5 cups of water and 1 cup of white vinegar with about 1 cup of white sugar. And pour it in a jar (24 oz) over my banana peppers. Let stand for 2 weeks.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 3 cups portabella mushrooms or 3 cups cremini mushrooms, cubed
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
Melt the first 2 Tbsp of butter over medium heat and add the shallot, cook until tender.
Add the mushrooms to the pot and cook until tender.
Add the broth, wine, and salt and pepper if desired. Bring to a boil and then turn down heat and simmer for about ten minutes.
While the sauce is simmering, in a separate pot melt the remaining 2 Tbsp of butter over medium heat.
Stir the flour into the butter until absorbed to make a roux.
Pour the mushroom mixture into the roux and bring to a boil, turn down the heat and stir until thickened.
Stir in the heavy cream and parmesan cheese, and parsley.This can be served over rice or pasta — but it can also be eaten by itself as a stew.Yield: 4-6 servings
Recipe taken from www.food.com
1/3 cup sifted powdered sugar
3/4 cup butter
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1/3 cup apple juice or orange juice
2 tablespoons currant jelly or apple jelly
1 cup sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries or raspberries
1 medium nectarine or peach, pitted and sliced (peel peach if using)
1/2 cup seedless green grapes or red grapes, halved
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. For crust, in a medium mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium speed for 30 seconds. Beat in powdered sugar. Gradually add flour, beating until well mixed. Pat dough evenly into a greased 11- or 12-inch pizza pan. Bake for 15 to 18 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- For glaze, in a small saucepan stir together honey and cornstarch. Stir in juice and jelly. Cook and stir over medium heat until mixture is thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Cool 5 minutes (do not stir).
- Spread half of the glaze onto the cooled crust. Arrange fruit over the crust. Spoon remaining glaze over fruit. Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Yield: 12 servings
Recipe taken from www.Recipe.com
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 6 lemons, juiced
- Make a simple syrup by stirring the water and sugar together in a saucepan over medium heat; heat until just about to boil and the sugar has dissolved. Place in refrigerator 30 minutes, or until cool.
- Place the cucumber slices in a blender or food processor; blend until mashed into a pulp. Pour the cucumber pulp into a fine mesh strainer place over a bowl to catch the liquid; allow to sit until you have about 2/3 cup of liquid from the cucumber, about 15 minutes.
- Stir the simple syrup, cucumber liquid, and lemon juice together in a pitcher. Serve cold.
Yield: 4 serving
Recipe taken from www.allrecipes.com
- 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked tri-color spiral pasta
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup cucumber, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 (16 ounce) bottles Italian-style salad dressing
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling water until al dente. Rinse under cold water, and drain.
- Mix chopped carrots, celery, cucumber, green pepper, tomatoes, and onion together in large bowl.
- Combine cooled pasta and vegetables together in large bowl. Pour Italian dressing over mixture, add Parmesan cheese and mix well.
- Chill for one hour before serving. Yield: 10 servings
Recipe taken from www.AllRecipes.com
- 4 cups sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute the carrots, celery and onion in butter until tender. Stir in the lemon juice, salt, thyme and pepper; heat through. Yield: 4 servings.
Recipe taken from www.TasteOfHome.com